You're always looking out for your child's well being. Well, traveling should be no exception. Do you know the rules regarding car seat safety? If not, here's your chance to get a refresher!
Indiana state law requires children less than 8 years old to ride in a federally approved car seat or booster seat that is appropriate for the child's height and weight. Indiana law also requires that the car seat or booster seat be installed and used according to the manufacturer's instructions. Children ages 8 to 16 must ride in a seat belt. The state of Indiana strongly encourages parents to place children in the back seat whenever possible, though this is not required by law.
If the child weighs more than 40 pounds, they may be secured and fastened by a lap safety belt under the following circumstances:
The vehicle is not equipped with a lap and shoulder belt system.
The child is not sitting in the operator or front passenger seat.
All of the lap and shoulder belts in the vehicle are being used by other children under the age of sixteen (16).
Lutheran Children's Hospital shows its commitment to child safety in our community by supporting Safe Kids Allen County's Permanent Fitting station. Car seat inspections occur on the Lutheran Children's Hospital campus. There is no charge, however an appointment is required. For more information or to schedule an inspection, call (260) 435-7887.
For more information, check out this handy fact sheet from the State of Indiana.
8 Reasons to buy Used Clothes
There are plenty of good reasons to buy used clothes. As if you needed more, here is a few:
1. It’s green: Any used and unwanted clothing that is bought is clothing that will not be disposed of in landfill, which are major contributors to global warming. Also, buying second hand clothes instead of new reduces the environmental impacts that are associated with the manufacture of new clot hes.
2. Save money: A used article will almost certainly cost a fraction of its original new price.
3. Be stylish: You can often find the same or better quality of items at re-sales
4. It’s fun: There is nothing better that the feeling of finding something amazing at a low cost.
5. Give back: By shopping for second hand clothes in charity shops, you can help to support the charity and its valuable work.
6. Be unique: You are not likely to run into someone wearing the same outfit when shopping at a second-hand store. Buying second hand clothes is also a great way to experiment with new styles and looks.
7. Enjoy selection: You can find secondhand clothes at charity shops, vintage shops, garage sales, and websites so there is no reason why you won't be able to find exactly what you want.
8. Save money: Your wallet will thank you. You’ll have more money for necessities, or a vacation!
So, why not give it a try?? You will probably be very surprised at what you find?